Kentucky is famous for its beautiful countryside, as well as the spaciousness.
The charm of small town atmosphere is still around in Cumberland County and surrounding areas. The nature is pure and the wildlife is out there to explore. There are two big lakes in the area, Dale Hollow Lake and Lake Cumberland. Many species of fish like bass and trout are hiding in the fresh sparkling waters. The variety of the lakes, the Mighty Cumberland River and the beautiful hills, make this a popular place to visit and explore. This area is well known for its hiking, booting, horseback riding, kayaking, fishing and mountain biking.
- Abraham Lincoln’s Birthplace - Hodgenville, KY - The birthplace of the sixteenth president of the United States of America.
- The National Corvette Museum and Assembly Plant - Bowling Green, KY - Showcases the Chevrolet Corvette, an American sports car that has been in production since 1953.
- Mammoth Cave National Park - With 367 miles, it’s the largest underground cave system in the world. Don't forget to make reservations online.
- Mammoth Cave Adventures - Zip line, Gigant Super Swing, Drop Tower en more.
- Kentucky Down Under - Home to many unique animals.
- Beech Bend Park in Bowling Green, KY - An amusement park, campground and automobile race track.
- SomerSplash Waterpark in Somerset, KY - Known for having the largest lazy river in the state.
- Kentucky Horse Park – Lexington, KY - The leading horse tourist attraction and one of the world's best equine competition facilities.
- Kentucky Railway Museum - New Haven, KY - Nice day out. When you are in that area, Elizabethtown is a nice place to visit too.
- Wolf Creek Dam Fish Hatchery - Come face to face with the region's trout, explore karst terrain, and see our exhilarating hall.
- Up the Creek Winery in Burkesville, KY - Open on Fridays and Saturdays from 10:00 am until 6:00 pm.
- Yahoo Falls in Whitley City, KY - Some sources claim this is the highest waterfall in Kentucky, so that makes it significant.
- Big South Fork Scenic Railway in Stearns, KY - The route runs for 16 miles through lush countryside in the Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area.
- The Minister's Treehouse in Crossville, TN - Just clinched the Guinness World Records title of the world's largest tree house.
- Nashville, TN – Country Music Capital of the World. Only 2 hrs. from the Hidden Cave Ranch.
- Louisville Mega Cavern, KY - The 100 acre, man made Mega Cavern, located beneath the Louisville Zoo, is the world's only underground zipline.
- Noah's Ark in Williamstown, KY - Experience the life-size Noah's Ark! Ark Encounter is a one-of-a-kind themed attraction the whole family will enjoy.
- Creation Museum in Petersburg, KY- The state-of-the-art 75000-square-foot Creation Museum brings the Bible to life, casting its characters and animals in dynamic form. Prepare to believe.
Check out Mutt E. Waters River Rentals Facebook Page. They have Kayaks, Canoes, Tubes and Floats for rent. They will drop you off at the river or the lake and pick you up after your trip. Call (270) 406 - 9045 for more information and don't forget to mention that you are staying at the Hidden Cave Ranch, to get 10% off.
Fishing Guides In Cumberland County:
Bobby Gentry's Guide Service
795 Gentry Circle
Mt. Herman , KY 42157
Rainbow Guide Service
689 Otter Creek Rd.
Burkesville, KY 42717
Smith Guide service
March-April: Live Bait/Artificial
May-July: Night Fishing
August- November: Live Bait/Artificial
6644 Mud Camp Road/ P. O. Box 344
Burkesville, KY 42717